Why Volunteer With Us?
As a Sherpa, most of the work is out of the way before the festival even gets going, then it’s just a few hours on the Monday morning as people are leaving.
In general, you are required to complete only 12, 16 or 20 hours volunteering (depending on the festival), in exchange for a full weekend festival pass with camping.
If you work in other areas of the event, you will likely miss a lot of the music as you will have shifts over the whole weekend. But with us, you won’t miss a thing…
You will never have to work Friday evening, all day Saturday or all of Sunday – so you are just free to enjoy the festival!
Benefits of volunteering with us -
- You gain free entry for working only a few hours. Plus, you won’t miss any of the festival!
- You are likely to get tips.
- You get to camp in the staff campsite, and have access to clean toilets and free hot showers.
- You will gain event industry experience, might gain contacts, and volunteering looks really good on your CV.
- We welcome group applications – you can volunteer and party with your friends! Just include the names of who you are applying with in your application and we will ensure you all have the same shifts.
- Volunteering is also a great way to meet people and experience a festival as many previous volunteers will tell you. So also, don’t be afraid to come on your own. We all camp together as a group and there is a real team feel to it, both while working, and over the weekend in the festival.
- You will have an amazing time!
What you will be doing as a Sherpa -
Basically, you will be transporting festivalgoers luggage from the car park to the campsite in a big wheelbarrow/trolley. Depending on your fitness, this might get tiring, and you will have to do it while being friendly with a big smile on your face.
But it will be fun!
We really believe in looking after our Sherpas. If you’re not jolly, you’re not a Jolly Green Sherpa! We want our Sherpas to have a good time, and we will make sure that you are! A lot of our volunteers come back to work for us event after event, year after year.
What we are looking for -
We are looking for friendly and outgoing people that can handle pushing a fully loaded wheelbarrow/trolley back and forth across a festival site.
If you think you could be the type of person we are looking for, and you could handle it, head to the Festivals page to see which festivals we are doing this summer.
So, what are you waiting for? Positions are filling up fast...
Easily the best company to volunteer with. You don’t miss any of the festival! Jamie
I have worked for the Jolly Green Sherpas at four festivals now and can see myself working at a lot more. Such a good crew. Too much love. Megan
I was bit apprehensive volunteering on my own but I have never been made to feel so welcome. Made so many good friends working with the Sherpas. I definitely recommend it. George